The 20th Old Drogheda Society Journal will be launched on Wednesday December 11th in the Governor's House, Millmount at 8pm.
Launching the book this year will be well known community historian and researcher, Brendan Matthews, who himself has contributed two articles.
There are some very interesting articles articles including:
- The Life and Times of Two Drogheda Fenians, Patrick Leonard and John Francis Nugent by Brendan Matthews.
- The Workings of Drogheda Amateur Boxing Club 1940-1946 by John McCullen
- The Political and Social Thought of John Boyle O’Reilly by Ian Kennealy
- The Railway to the Quays in Drogheda 1903 – a transformational opportunity or a “white elephant”? by Edward Fleming
- Making Hay Down Through the Years by Jackie Mullen
- Sea Monsters And Their Irish Female Victims:A tale of prostitution, human trafficking and its relationship with Vere Foster’s Female Emigration Scheme by Audrey Smith Flanagan
- Duel At Colp 1729 by Brendan Mathews
- Nineteen fifty-four:The Marian Year in Drogheda by Maura Mullen
- The Drogheda Drapery Assistants 1887 Hours And Holidays Campaign by Frank Gallagher
- Life In Drogheda During World War Two by Ted Greene
The journal, which is an ideal Christmas gift will be on sale from Thursday from Drogheda Museum Millmount, Easons and in Drogheda Tourist Office.
Old Drogheda Society - History, Archaeology & Heritage, Millmount, Drogheda, Co. Louth, Ireland. Tel. 041-9833097